The new Oxygen Drift board was designed for those looking to find some pow without spending quite as much cash. Made from glass fiber instead of carbon, they are the same size as our carbon Drift boards, with the exact same skin and the same style of binding (molded composite base instead of CNC aluminum). They feature a bit more flex and heft than the carbon version and feature a very cool transparent top sheet that shows the wood core.
- Glass fiber construction handmade in the USA. (one pair weighs just under 6 lbs.
- New polyurethane sidewall
- Permanent nylon climbing skin
- Minimalist glass composite bindings
- Steep nose ramps and built-in skins for traction and glide
- Webbing straps with cam lock and folding heel cup
- Heel riser bars with two height options
- Stainless steel hardware
- Dimensions 6.75" W x 35" L (171mm W X 89cm L)
More about Drift Boards:
Drift boards combine elements of snowshoes and touring skis into a completely new tool for moving through snow. Handmade in Utah from glass fiber, Drift boards are smaller, lighter, and more agile than skis while being faster and more efficient than snowshoes. Like snowshoes, Drift boards are wide enough to stay atop the snow, but permanent climbing skins on the bottom of the boards allow them to glide forward on the snow while still maintaining grip.
The patented Drift boards work with any type of soft boot. Drift boards fit in backcountry skin tracks and are excellent at breaking trail in deep powder. Drift boards are ideal for anyone who wants to move efficiently through snow, but they are uniquely suited to backcountry snowboarders, allowing them to carry any type of board and climb with the weight of the board on their back instead of on their feet.
- Get every benefit of a snowshoe plus the ability to glide. As far as we're concerned, traditional snowshoes are dead.
- Ride your quiver. No need to cut your snowboard in half. Drift boards are a legit alternative to split boards and in some situations actually have advantages over long, heavy skis.
- Virtually the same product as the full carbon minus the weight, flex and price.
U.S. Pat. No. 10,272,318
Canada Pat. No. 3,033,865